Monday, June 15, 2009

Second Coming

It's the second Monday for Stanislavsky Summer! That means beginning at 7:30 p.m. tonight the topic is The System! Development and Practical Applications of. Happens at Prescott College, Tucson Center 2233 E. Speedway. And of course it is free. No cost. I've had a few new email inquiries this week from people asking about attending. I am looking forward to meeting them and having everyone at the presentation. The only sad thing about tonight is that the last time I did a series of presentations in the evening, we had a "proscenium servant" who looked after everyone, food and drink, and lookin' hot. Tonight no such luck. (Come to think of it, she kind of "stole the show" last time!). Lean times, lean times.

I had a wonderful time last Friday going to Beowulf Alley Theatre to observe an open class. I always like going downtown for one thing. (I lived right there for a while until this past Oct). When I walked in the door that night, there was Beth Dell with a big smile and kind greeting and it was so great to see her. I had just a few minutes until the class was to start but I did get to talk briefly with Phil Bennet in the lobby. Phil is the instructor for the class. In the theatre itself I ran into a wonderful couple I hadn't seen in a long time and whose son was a student in the class. Beth came in and gave a very nice introduction and mentioned a few facts about the upcoming season for Beowulf and some of the other activities happening there. She was gracious and welcoming. I saw some familiar faces in the class itself too, talent and personality abounding. I thank everyone there that night once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment