Sunday, October 11, 2009

Street Theatre - The fox and the cat

This morning, driving through the neighborhood, I saw a fox. The four legged kind. It darted out into the street, paused and looked back from where it had run from, then continued on quickly into a desert scrubby area between the houses. I do believe it was the first fox I have ever seen around here. Now I don't know my foxes (the four legged kind) well enough to say what kind it was and I haven't yet tried to look it up. But, it was low to the ground, had a bushy tail and a long little snout.

Later in the afternoon on a walk to the neighborhood store, I came across The Cat in the Hat standing on the corner holding a sign. "How does my hat look?" she asked me (yes this Cat in the Hat was a woman - and I am refraining from any crude terms...kind of). "It looks wonderful!" I said. "We all have to take our turn out here" she said, "only for a half of an hour. I'm almost done." She was referring to the employees of a nearby store which was selling costumes for Halloween. "Well, you're doing great" I said, "Looks hot!" "Yes, it is hot in this get-up" she said. (Now I meant a different kind of hot but I didn't go there with her). I left her with a good luck kind of thing and went on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment