Friday, October 4, 2013

Who Are We?

Stanislavsky had the exercise/improvisation about the tree on the hillside. The actors had to portray themselves as trees. And of course the actors had to ask themselves questions as to their state of being, their purpose, etc. I'm changing it to the Sahauro Cactus on the hillside in my own work.

My own personal motto by the way is "Cultivate Heart. Nourish Nature." Some might right away recognize it's origin and implication or meaning. (I've posted about this before). It's from a larger phrase that essentially says/means Cultivate Oneness and adopt a Universal Mind while recognizing the Buddha Nature in all things. I consider it and use it for everything. Including acting and theatre.

Also, some people believe that Sahauros represent our ancestors or that our ancestors "live" as Sahauros. Tribute to our theatrical ancestors, our teachers.

And this Sahuaro stands above a rock on which I have lately spent time meditating, exercising, and just enjoying the views.

No comments:

Post a Comment