Monday, November 2, 2009

A Dream of Passionlessness

Last night I dreamed I was in some kind of terrible production of Hamlet. At first it was supposed to be this ultra relaxed portrayal, but it turned completely casual and boring. Next there were swings and Bob Marley songs. Then horror of horrors, there was that thing that people refer to as "Brechtian" (which ruins Brecht's ideas but what the heck) where people turn and comment to the spectators on the action of the play. At least I knew my lines though. Very often, well, not that often, when I dream I am in a play, I never know my lines and I haven't been to a single rehearsal! I think that must be a common theme. Anyway, thank goodness I'm wide awake now and have no plans or desires to play in any Hamlet shows right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment