Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Say It Loud

I will be reading the role of Galileo from Brecht's play by that name tommorow...courtesy of my friend Patrick. It's part of a symposium that he hosts for retired professionals and academics, one of whom is a former Nobel Prize winner. The question is, how does a tall, slender man like myself find his inner "Falstaff" in a couple of days? I'm working on it.

There is a speech, or monologue or whatever you call it, toward the end of the play given by Galileo. Patrick is correct in his assesment of this speech when he says that its rendition carries the meaning and the purpose and the overall understanding of the play. How does/did Galileo feel about his work, his recantation, collectively? With a little more than 24 hours to go I'm working on that as well.

2 comments:

  1. the death of theatre; or a relationship; or whatever it was you believed in or loved and yet you go on living

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I even "took a moment" leading into that section.

    ReplyDelete