Friday, September 6, 2013

Ten Lessons on Top

Here are the titles of ten "Lessons" to be presented weekly as part of a scene-study class I will lead beginning this month.

Lesson One - Ethics and Discipline of an Actor's Mind.

Lesson Two - Active Analysis of a Playscript.

Lesson Three - Acting is the Essential Breath and Heartbeat of Theatre.

Lesson Four - Personal Experience Gives Rise to Spontaneity and Specific Behaviour.

Lesson Five - The Mind Asks, and the Body Responds.

Lesson Six - Creating a Logical Sequence of Actions.

Lesson Seven - Scenic Presence and Creative Expression.

Lesson Eight - If You Don't Feel It, Then It's Fake.

Lesson Nine - Joy and Creative Enthusiasm.

Lesson Ten - Mastering a Technique. Freeing Oneself From a Technique That One Has Mastered.

2 comments:

  1. Hell, I would LOVE to be able to take this workshop. Please take some shorthand notes and share them if you get a chance, as I would love to see what you are teaching. I'll share with you my notes from the Meisner sessions at Impulse Company!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will, I will. I've modified a couple of items but when the workshop kicks off I will keep you up to date! Send me notes! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete