Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Strange Days Indeed

Two things! One is something which I rarely do, and one is something I haven't done in I-don't-know-when. First one is I went running, jogging. I'm no raramura, but I put in a little effort - part of an overall attempt at regaining some speed and power and agility (as if I had a lot of that before) in my movements. The second thing was I made an appointment to get my haircut. An appointment! I know some people do that all the time - but to me getting a haircut entails walking into the barbershop, waiting your turn, talking sports or politics, looking through magazines, etc. And then when its your turn, the barber cuts your hair. But I made a mistake - I went to a different place (for various reasons. none great). When I walked in the "barber" said "Hi, you have an appointment right?" I was like "Do I need one?" He said yea, so I said o.k. and the next thing I know I had to come back in two hours...Well, I did and finally got my hair cut. It wasn't the haven of male might I'm used to for the occassion. And it was fine in the long run, but being the only one present other than the "barber" and having him wash your hair as part of the process on a slow Sunday afternoon...

2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you didn't go to Johnny Gibsons? You know a real barbershop only offers haircuts with clippers, no water needed. Did you get to read Cosmo while getting your hair trimmed? ")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, that whole water thing threw me off! And that happened after the haircut itself. I didn't have a Cosmo but I saw lots of People and Us laying around. I was like hey, where is the Cigar Afficianado and Sports Illustrated and Popular Mechanics?

    ReplyDelete