Wednesday, June 15, 2011

That Was Your Cue! or can I once again escape with my life!

For those in my area, who might be so inclined, I am taking a turn in Rogue Theatre's production of The Real Inspector Hound. Starting tonight.

Suddenly I'm funny. Or so some think. Little did they previously know of my comic genius. I'm unleashing it on the world. Again. Surely this will be a profound stage episode...

But I will only be satisfied if I can pull off a second coming of "Cindy, that was your cue!" Yes, that is my challenge for this run!

Twenty-five years ago, or so, me and one of my acting mates in this show...who I shall not, uh, name...were in a show together. She played the house-help character and I played her boyfriend. We had multiple entrances and exits. One night, during the very quiet and concentrated "young lovers scene," my acting mate was sitting backstage, fully in preparation, etc. I went up to her and with urgency whispered "Cindy, that was your cue!" She jumped up, anxious, startled, and dashed on to the stage! Only to find herself in the middle of a scene in which she did not belong! LOL. I can't help it! she will kill me for sure even now! Anyway, the very surprised actors playing the intimate young lovers scene looked up at her...lol...she backed slowly off the stage...step by step...LOL. I ran like hell down to the men's dressing room and locked the door - never to come out - for the remainder of the run I think - save to go straight on stage and off.

Well, my un-named acting mate is once again playing as the house-help, with multiple entrances and exits! It will be difficult...and being the serious artist that I am...it goes against all ethical behavior...but...I think I have to give it a try.


Enjoy the show otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment