Saturday, July 11, 2009

My Oh My Oh My

Has heaven come to Tucson Theatre?! Or what?! Waypoint Theatre is going to do The Trip to Bountiful! As in "The Trip to Bountiful" by Horton Foote! Have to wait until April '10 but this will help get me through this summer! (As in its supposed to be 109 degrees tomorrow!).

I do not know any details and I don't pretend to want to influence or make any suggestions about anything BUT...if Roberta Streicher, as in Roberta I Studied with Tamara Daykarhonova Streicher, was to play Carrie Watts, I think it would be just awesome. I can think of several other outstanding and very talented actresses here capable of playing this role, but none that have the age of Roberta. Or do I mean the youth of Roberta? And who knows, maybe there is someone already set for it. BUT, if they call me and say "Hey, who do you think should play Carrie Watts?" Imma gonna say ROBERTA STREICHER.
I wrote about this one month ago, June 12th, my post "Things Unknown Proposed As Things Forgot" (my rip off of Montaigne). And later that night I think I said "Please Lord let my wishes for things to come to pass in Tucson Theatre come true." And Waypoint is Faith Based and there is that picture of the sky I took yesterday. I confess to not having any religious inclinations in a long, long while - but the Lord works in mysterious ways and if Roberta plays Carrie Watts I'll go down right this instant and be Baptized again! (Last time I was 9 or 10 yrs old and I got a bunch of water up my nose and couldn't stop coughing).

1 comment:

  1. And you should play Ludie as it is perfect for your soul.

    ReplyDelete