Thursday, June 18, 2009

Notes From Bill

Good questions, but they aren't questions I'm asking these days. Best theatre experience...AnnaMarie/DG and the TAT. We need some plays that address the current economic times, some theatrical experiences that addresses and confronts an apathetic nation that is at war and doesn't know it, some theatre that addresses the death of modern theatre as we know it, some theatrical life that will help us deal with life without The Citizen, Buicks, restaurants, Pontiacs, innocence, 401Ks, jobs -- something that will help us transition into the world of less. I was in my first play in 1955, my last play 2007, my last film, 2009. It's been a good run, and maybe something will come up that I'll work on in the future, but for now I'm back at work with a regular check every two weeks. Thanks and love to all, Bill

2 comments:

  1. the play you are looking for was written in 1935 and its called Paradise Lost by Clifford Odets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and crap because I can't find my copy of that play. I wanted to copy Pike's speech and post it here. The book must be in my office at work. Odets! Yes.

    ReplyDelete