Thursday, March 25, 2010

The General

Casual talk in the office about the NCAA Basketball Tournament. Vance is an Ohio St. fan. I'm cheering for Butler because ....well, Hinkle Field House all that.

Me: Vance, you know Thad Motta (OSU Coach) used to coach at Butler. Went from there to OSU.

Vance: Really? I saw one game when I went to OSU. But it was right after Havilcek and Lucas left.

Me: Hey, you know who else was on that team? Bobby Knight.

Vance: Really? I didn't know that.

(Vance pulls out his fancy phone and uses the voice activated search. "Bobby Knight," he says. Results come up. He reads them).

Vance (Astounded): Oh my gosh! I can't believe this. It says Knight was at Cuyahoga Falls High School (in Ohio) for one year, 1962-63. That's my high school. I was there then!

Me: Wow! That is awesome!

Vance: Come to think of it. I think he might have been the guy that ran our Study Hall then and was always giving me detention.

Me: Did he slide the chair across the room at you?

Vance: I think he did!

Me: I love it! The General! Bobby Knight! Give me five Vance! You Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment