Thursday, March 4, 2010

OMG!

Ok, I'm not a big movie buff. I watch 'em, but I don't keep up on current releases and all that. And I know little about and follow the Oscar Awards even less. But of all the movies I did not see this year, the one I did see was "Up In The Air." Today, I discovered this movie has been nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture! And got three nominations in the Acting categories. OMG! (always wanted to use that). Now really I couldn't care any less about these awards. They interest me only as trivial conversation. But...But...How in the hell did this movie get nominated for Best Picture?! I mean seriously, if this is one of the "best" I would hate to have to watch the worst. I didn't hate the movie or anything, but it is mostly trite, totally one-hundred percent predictable, downright boring at times, and nothing about the way its filmed or presented bespeaks of creativity. It is Hollywood workmanship, average through and through, at best! Somebody would have to have extraordinary insight into to some hidden gems about this baby, something approaching a miracle, that they could explain to me to make me even consider watching or caring about an awards ceremony where this flick is one of the stars. I'm no high-falutin kind of person but lets me real. Average crap is average crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment